Are you interested in the behind the scenes work that goes into broadcasting the programming and commercials you see on local TV? It all happens in the Traffic Department.
Nexstar Media Inc. has an immediate opening for a Traffic Coordinator.
Our team of Traffic Coordinators keep Nexstar- the largest television station ownership group in the country – on the air and broadcasting 24/7 in markets coast to coast from New York to Los Angeles.
Indianapolis is the Traffic operations hub for the East Coast, Midwest and Central time zone stations.
Our Traffic teams are deadline orientated, working in a fast-paced environment, interacting daily with television professions in markets around the country. We build the daily commercial and programming logs for Nexstar's nearly 200 television stations in 116 markets. You will learn inventory control, database library management, broadcast automation skills, how to solve logistical issues, and so much more.
Apply now to join this fun team. We offer full-time positions with vacation and benefits, AND will provide the necessary training for the right individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Traffic Coordinator prepares daily commercial and program logs for multiple stations which includes these tasks and others:
• Working with Sales Management to manage commercial inventory
• Assign and manage input of commercial material
• Coordinate with other departments on special projects, commercial/promotion air-time placement, calculating exact run times for programs and commercial breaks
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Meticulous data-entry skills
• Minimum one year experience in clerical support or administrative assistance
• Proficiency with computers and ability to learn new software quickly
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9z1q4-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.