Digital Video Journalist
Johnson City, TN
Dominant CBS/ABC combo serving the Tri-Cities, Tennessee and Virginia communities. We are in central proximity to major metropolitan areas, including Knoxville, Charlotte and Richmond. Our amazing work and play community is rich in history and home to the Birthplace of Country Music, Bristol Motor Speedway, and World Class Hiking and Fishing.
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR IT Technician.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for more than 65 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Tri-Cities
Experience with Microsoft desktop and server operating systems as well as applications from Microsoft, Adobe and various broadcast related applications. Experience trouble shooting and repairing Server, Desktop and Laptop work stations. Experience with iOS and android mobile devices, such as cell phone, tablets and MIFI devices. Requires sound judgment; initiative; flexibility and must be detail-oriented. Working experience with Microsoft Windows Environments, including Active Directory, Windows Deployment services, Windows Updates Services and other applications. Experience with Microsoft windows configuration, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of Ethernet and LAN networks. Applicant should possess skills of self-motivation, time management, and the ability to work well with others. Must be able to work various hours including nights, holidays and weekends including being on call. Some heavy lifting may be required. Must have a valid driver's license.
• Minimum two years of experience with hands on computer hardware / software support and maintenance.
• College or Technical diploma preferred in computer science and/or electrical engineering or related field.
• Computer network domains, technologies, and protocols.
• Networked systems access and security guidelines and procedures.
• Network trouble shooting techniques.
• Current trends and information sources for managing network systems.
• Broadcast television experience with video/audio is highly preferred.
• System backup and recovery procedures and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily duties will include installation, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of desktop, mobile systems, laptop and network components as well broadcast equipment (most broadcast equipment is PC based).
• Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
• Maintaining the integrity and consistent operation of the IT networks and mission critical operations.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail.
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Demonstrated professional-level technical proficiency in network domain administration.
• Follow corporate and station management guidance as it applies to the facilities IT infrastructure.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
IT Engineer must be able to lift and carry various equipment that's sometimes as heavy as 40-lbs., and neatly pull cables when necessary through high ceilings and around obstacles that are often difficult to access. The right person can work alone and in close proximity to other people. Must be able to drive company vehicles to other locations (news bureaus, remote sites) to troubleshoot issues.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vp0q-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.