Des Moines, IA
Part Time Studio Technician
LOCATION: Production POSTING DATES: 4/27/2022/-5/26/2022
POSITION TITLE: Part-time Studio Technician REPORTS TO: Production Manager
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION:
The primary responsibilities of this position: Operate TV cameras (studio and remote) and teleprompter for live and taped broadcast productions as determined by the director.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Physically move and operate controls of TV studio/remote cameras, and teleprompter for live & taped newscasts and updates.
• Prepare and distribute news scripts including late changes.
• Work together with other camera ops to act as floor director.
• Studio maintenance and upkeep
• Constructing and tear down of remote sets.
• Commercial & promotion production.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• High School diploma or GED plus one year experience in a broadcast/production facility.
or a 2/4 year degree in communications
• Valid driver's license is required.
Internal Contacts: External Contacts:
News department Special guests/VIPs
Promotions department Viewers
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r193ve-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.