The Sr. Project Manager will be a key member of the project management team, responsible for managing Word Press platform teams supporting all the verticals on the platform. Reporting to the Director of the Program Management Office, the Sr.PM will work closely with senior stakeholders including Strategy & BI, Product, Revenue, Content, Engineering, and Business Development.
Should have a strong business acumen, solid understanding of digital media platforms and familiarity with the broadcast industry in addition to possessing excellent program management skills and intimate familiarity with agile Scrum methodologies.
This position needs prior experience working with WordPress, as well as a strong understanding of responsive design and content management systems, preferably for a media company.
• Work with PMO, Product Management, and Engineering to determine and define project scope, objectives, and success criteria for a Project
• Monitor project resource allocation, hours and burn reports and provide weekly status, and risk management reports
• Tracks and provides summary of project status, progress, and barriers, maintains comprehensive project documentation
• Facilitate daily stand up, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, and project Kick-Off meetings
• Participates in Scrum of Scrum Meetings to track dependencies with other PMs at Program level
• Guides the teams and stakeholders on Process and standards established by PMO
• Manages and motivates team to be self-organized and achieve target dates
• Listens well and communicates clearly with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to take a high-level view of involvement across all aspects of the project but without spending significant time on detailed hands-on tasks
• Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal
• Experience with distributed teams and vendor management is a plus
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree required / Advanced degree in Computer Science, Technology, Media, or Information Systems preferred
• Top tier professional with 5-7 years of project management experience, Project Coordination, and/or Project Analysis experience in agile development methodologies at scale, specifically Scrum, Lean and/or Kanban
• Exhibits strong technical, process management and business orientation skills
• A quick learner, who can understand complex requirements and assess dependencies
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to run efficient and engaging meetings with teams and stakeholders
• Experience with Jira or a similar agile project management tool
• Scrum Master Certification, CSM or SAFE Agilist certification preferred
• Familiarity with Word Press sites, configurations, and page types in CMS
• Background in web publishing and development, HTML, PHP, CMSs (Drupal, Wordpress, Moodle etc.), a major advantage
• Vendor Management experience is a must
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.