Automotive Sales Specialist
The Regional Account Executive generates and maximizes advertising revenue and market share by calling on advertising agencies, cold-calling new prospects and closing multiplatform sponsorship opportunities across KXAN – NBC, The CW Austin, KBVO and KXAN.com.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with regional accounts and key agency contacts.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• • Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Develops advertising schedules across 3 television stations and digital.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Identifies and closes new to station account opportunities
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 5 year's experience in broadcast media and digital sales
• Proven track record at developing and growing new business
• Proven track record of handling transactional broadcast accounts with an ability to grow and maximize revenue market share
• Strong negotiating skills needed to maximize program rates and ratings for all three stations
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficient with Wide Orbit Traffic and Media Sales, PowerPoint and Excel
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.