The Operations Technician has four primary tasks: Newscast Directing, Newscast Audio Operator, Media Center Operator and Master Control Operator.
• Production Technician:
Operates various equipment (camera, audio, visual, lighting, or digital) used for production and/or transmission.
• Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate the action in the studio or while out on location
• Collaborate with the set designers to determine the needs of the production
• Requirements & Skills:
• High School Diploma Required
• Experience in television or postproduction preferred
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Basic computer knowledge including Photoshop
• Ability to handle high stress environment with deadline pressures
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Must be able to learn how to direct and or have directing experience
• • Build and decorate set and/or provide props used for production
• Assist in the installation, operation and maintenance of sound recording equipment
• Provide camera, and audio/lighting production support as needed, and may work with outside production facilities
• Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments
• Maintains and stores equipment and studio maintenance
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to climb 12' ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnvo2-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.