Field Production Technician
News 10 ABC in Albany New York is looking for a Station Operations Manager who is a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist every department, especially, NEWS, ENGINEERING, PRODUCTION and PROMOTIONS.
To be successful as an Station Operations Manager, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Station Operations Managers must be comfortable with computers, Studios, News Operations, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
• IT Experience with systems in the building
• Experience in Web Production and Back end systems
• Ability to direct fast paced automated newscasts
• Ability to evaluate problems to help determine root cause (hardware, software, operator) working with engineering and IT to find solutions
• Extensive knowledge of NewsTicker, Chryon/Lyric, Prime, Camio , Crispin, MediaCenter, Overdrive
• Extensive Knowledge of News Production (studio) and control room automation
• Knowledge of scheduling (Humanity), working with other departments on in-house resources (production, promotion, studio, lighting)
• Knowledge of newsroom procedures and how it relates to directing and production crew
• Experience working with News, Promotions, sales and Engineering
• Knowledge of studio operations, and systems
• Knowledge of remote broadcasts and technical procedures and systems
• Proven experience as an Operations Manager, Studio tech and IT.
• Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Familiarity with Newsroom and studio automation
• Excellent knowledge of Scheduling and generating reports
• 5 years experience required, working in a News Station and working with automation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7161q-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.