Nexstar Media Group in Little Rock has an immediate opening for an innovative, highly motivated, and extremely creative individual to join our team and work directly with our lifestyle show, Arkansas Style.
We are looking for an exceptional videographer/editor that knows their way around DSLR cameras and possesses strong non-linear editing skills. The ideal candidate can work well independently or on a team to develop and execute various projects. This person would be relied upon for conceptualizing, setting-up and executing shoots and edits for a variety of projects.
• Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Work closely with the show producer, host, and clients to fully produce 4–5-minute (on-location) segments for live broadcast
• Work closely with Creative Services Director to conceive, write, light, shoot, and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns either independently or as a team.
• Communicates with newsroom, talent, and/or clients to develop a production plan.
• Plans, sets up, composes, and executes shoots.
• Responsible for editing all segments that are shot
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
• Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
• Must have strong videography skills and non-linear editing skills
• Maintains station equipment.
• Extensive knowledge of and proven experience with DSLR cameras and Premiere Pro
• Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Assists with occasional promotional events which may include nights and/or weekends
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Attention to detail
• Demo reel
• Strong video production skills utilizing Canon cameras
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
• Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear
• Excellent communication/grammar skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work daytime hours regularly and flexible hours (including weekends) occasionally
• Fluency in English.
• Valid driver's license
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Promotions Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Promotions Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply online at www.nexstar.tv. Internal candidates apply using Career application in Workday at https://wd5.myworkday.com/nexstar.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4j2e-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.