News Production Assistant
Las Vegas, NV
LIfestyle Host Part Time
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operation in the country. With the reach of 171 Television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television household, and a diversified growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled
KLAS-TV is looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced Co-Host for our lifestyle show. This is a part time position. Las Vegas Now is a live talk show that combines paid segments along with entertainment, lifestyle and stories of community interest. The live show airs Monday through Friday 3P to 3:30P.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Co-Host will conduct live and taped interviews in the studio and in the field as scheduled
• Participate in product demonstrations
• Produce and write packages to air in the show
• Set up live shots and on location shoots for both paid and non-paid segments
• The Co-Host may also be scheduled to conduct live shots in the 4P newscast.
• Co-host will also help recruit, book and pre-interview paid and non-paid guests.
• Writes their own stories, interview questions and pkgs.
• Contributes content to show and social media.
• Participates in pre and post-show meetings.
Requirements & Skills:
• College degree in Broadcast Journalism, Marketing or Communication preferred.
• Minimum two years' experience as a Host, Reporter or Anchor.
• Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to write and produce pkgs.
• Ability to pre-screen guests and clients before interviews and segments
• Required to post digital/social media content.
• Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Help foster a team environment with crew members
• All other duties as directed by management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Lifestyle Show Co-host must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Lifestyle Show Co-host must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.