The Ignite Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of professionalism, effective interpersonal relation skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload and function well in pressure situations.
The Ignite Director is responsible for researching, planning, managing and producing news or other special programming.
Duties & Requirements:
• Direct newscasts, breaking news and other programs using Grass Valley Ignite system. Other programs could include live audiences.
• Must possess strong people skills and production values
• Newscast directing experience required
• Prior experience using the Grass Valley Ignite system or qualified training required. Director will need to build Ignite commands and effects for newscast and other programs
• ENPS newsroom system preferred
• Operational knowledge of Chyron and Ross CamBot Robotic Camera Systems is a plus
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
High stress environment with deadline pressures and the demands of breaking news, which can happen at any time. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early morning, days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjxy8b-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.