Designer, Graphics (NE)
The Graphic Designer requires a thorough understanding of design principles, color theory, and possess an eye for consistency, grammar, and accuracy. They must also be a self-starter who's a great communicator both in design and the real world. The successful candidate possesses a high level of creativity, independent thinking, and understand best design and advertising practices across broadcast, digital, and social platforms. This position is responsible for creating news graphics, collateral, and interactive creative for news, special projects, and clients using Adobe Creative suite with a heavy emphasis on Adobe AfterFX. The candidate is a gatekeeper for enforcing stations' visual brands on all platforms..
• Design/create graphics-based content for daily newscasts, specials, commercial clients, social and promotional creative.
• Create and produce animated graphic opens and elements for newscasts, clients, and station branding.
• Contribute to special projects such as digital ads, print work, signage, animation, and set design as assigned
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
• Help plan and staff station events, including working with the public.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be familiar and a regular consumer of local news.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in graphic design, digital media, or video production; equivalent experience required
• Professional experience in social media including Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram
• Familiarity with graphic display systems Ross Xpression and Chyron News Ticker.
• Strong design, illustration, and typographic skills required
• Knowledgeable with HTML, CSS, and Visual Logic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, this includes copywriting.
• Experience with Mac OS, Adobe products including; After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Knowledge of 3D animation software
• Willingness to learn new advertising and content platforms and incorporate knowledge into work.
• Video editing experience preferred
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be available to work station promotional events
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.