Nexstar Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Graphics Design Manager will conceptualize and create on-air, online and social media graphics for local news, sales, and creative services departments, as well as producing topical special report and image promotions and campaigns. This position provides a unique creative opportunity and challenge to address the branding and sales needs of four distinct brands.
The Graphics Design Manager conceptualizes and creates on-air, online and social media graphics for local news, sales, and creative services departments, as well as producing topical special report and image promotions and campaigns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and deliver high quality, fast turnaround graphics for on air, digital or print needs of station
• Expert in type design and original creative design solutions for graphic packages
• Expert in animation, page layout and design development
• Develop animations and promotional graphics that coincide with station brand
• Conceptualize, create, and assist sales department for any potential sales collateral
• Create and produce web, social media, and on-air news graphics
• Create and produce any print pieces for newspaper, magazine, or program pieces
• Assist in coordinating all station photography for talent, staff, and other projects
• Interact and communicate with station leadership offering creative solutions and project direction
• Work with Creative Services Director to visualize and create long-term goals and branding strategies for four different brands
• Perform other duties as directed by management
• Bachelors' degree Art, Design
• Three to five years of broadcast design experience
• Three to five years of experience in graphic and motion design with advanced experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
• Video editing and production skills with experience in Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder
• Videography skills with knowledge of DSLR and ENG cameras and lighting techniques
• Competent photographer with experience in basic still photography and photo lighting techniques
• Ability to work on various projects simultaneously and to deliver finished projects on deadline a must
• Strong typography skills required
• Experience with knowledge of Element 3D plugin for AE software a plus
• Experience with Chyron Lyric a plus
• Project management and software experience
• Highly effective communications and organizational skills required
• Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines, including evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.