Nexstar Media Inc. has an immediate opening for Feed Room Operator who will be responsible for operation of the multiple systems associated at WDCW/WDVM news operation. This role is part of a newly formed duopoly in the Washington, DC Market #9 DMA.
This is a chance to live and work in great part of the country. In addition to being the center of the nation's politics – and a region brimming with local news and sports – it's a great place to call home. The city is home to some of the best museums in the country, including the Smithsonian, the National Museum of African American History and Culture and the National Archives. There are year-round theaters with live shows and concerts. You can find street festivals and farmer's markets. And for the sports enthusiast, the region hosts professional basketball, baseball, football, hockey and soccer teams. The area has National Parks, walking and biking trails. Plus, the restaurant scene is top-notch with more than 20 restaurants receiving Michelin starts in 2021 alone. This is a great place to grow your career, compete in a large market and a great place to live.
The WDVM/WDCW Feed room operator will be responsible for operation of multiple systems associated within news operation. The feed room operator takes all feeds from outside field operation, records them, and in some cases edit the raw video. The operator will also backup Production studio as needed.
• Ability to quickly manage, tune in and record TVU's, LiveU, Zoom, Microwave and Satellite signals for WDVM/WDCW newsroom.
• Fluent in English
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Bitcentral and ENPS systems a plus. Undergraduate degree in broadcasting or similar major required.
• Good communication skills and the ability to quickly multi-task is essential.
• Production live studio operations a plus
• Two to four years television news gathering, and microwave experience is preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4oj5-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.