The Hill, a division of Nexstar Media Group, seeks a Director of Branded Content Strategy to support The Hill's ambitious growth goals by supervising the creation of branded content for our advertising clients. This position is part of K Street Studios and reports to the SVP, Branded Content & Creative. See https://brandedcontent.thehill.com.
In this role, you will be expected to:
[Pre-Sell] Respond to a consistent flow of incoming RFPs and new business branded content opportunities. Inclusive of:
• Write content proposals for marketing decks.
• Become a product expert with knowledge of The Hill's branded content opportunities, and communicate relevant deadlines, programming updates and other production information to ad sales team.
• Ensure that all the necessary approvals are acquired for production budgets, new video concepts and other production execution prior to pitching ideas to clients.
• When needed, represent branded content and pitch ideas on client-facing calls.
[Post-Sell] Manage the execution of branded content programs with clients/agencies:
• Act as relationship manager for internal teams when branded content is the primary execution.
• Oversee production operations and logistics for branded content productions such as location agreements, appearance releases and call sheets for the production.
• Act as clients' primary point of contact for all production logistics.
• Ensure internal teams, production and hired freelancers are on track with timelines and daily deliverables.
• Write creative briefs for production assets needed during a production.
• Review video cuts to ensure that all client deliverables and/or feedback are met.
• Manage the publishing process in post-production.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Familiar with native content best practices and examples
• Keep abreast of the latest trends within the branded content industry
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Able to accurately handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
• Highly resourceful team player, also able to be extremely effective independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
About The Hill
Established in 1994, The Hill is the country's definitive digital source for non-partisan political news and information. Inside the Beltway, it's known as an essential, agenda-setting read for lawmakers and influencers. Beyond the Capitol, The Hill's trusted content is shared more often on social media than any other major political news brand in America.
Our properties include TheHill.com, reaching a monthly audience of 41M; Hill.TV, the largest independent video platform within the Beltway with 1.4B annual views; The Hill's print edition, one of the most influential sources for law and policy makers; Elevate Studios, creating breakthrough branded content offerings for leading marketers; and The Hill Events, which hosted 70 virtual events last year, featuring 92 Members of Congress and 88 industry leaders in meaningful policy discussions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmznxx-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.