WPRI is looking to hire a digital reporter. We need a multimedia storyteller who ''gets'' our news brand and the value of engaging web and social media content.
This is a hands-on role that involves covering a variety of stories each day, including breaking news. The right candidate is a skilled on-camera presenter who can meet deadlines and create digital content that has value to our audience and drives user engagement.
The digital reporter will write stories and produce different types of videos for the web, as well as short-form video for social media platforms that represent 12 News. The ability to use data and news judgment to make content decisions and gauge audience interest and trends is key.
You'll be living in beautiful and historic New England, where you can enjoy all four seasons and some of the most amazing beaches and food culture around. If you're ready to excel at your craft, innovate in multi-platform storytelling and work with a great team, you're encouraged to apply.
• Report and publish news quickly and accurately
Generate original content that stands out from the competition
• Shoot and edit video for multiple platforms
• Expand our social media footprint and grow our news brand and audience
• Understand the types of stories that drive web traffic
• Work with management to deliver a content mix that reflects our audience's needs
• Develop sources and expertise in key audience interest areas
• Utilize social media for reporting and story promotion
• Experience creating content for web/social
• Strong on-camera presence
• Sound writing skills, with knowledge of AP style
• Savvy with the latest technology and publishing tools
• Adept communicator and enjoys working with a team
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
• Thrives under pressure and able to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and competitive
• Comfortable setting up and executing interviews
• Ability to be fast, first and accurate when breaking news on web
• Able to deliver multiple stories each day on a wide range of topics
• Familiar with how to contact various agencies to get information quickly
• Understands social media's importance in reporting stories and delivering traffic
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• HTML, CSS and graphics experience a plus
• Experience with Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) a plus
• Bachelor's Degree
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Provide resume and digital reel when applying.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxe69-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.