Colorado Springs, CO
The MultiMedia Photographer researches, writes, captures visual content and edits general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (3) three years' experience as a multi-platinum journalist
• C amera and camera equipment
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Conflict management
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
• Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.