Colorado Springs, CO
The MultiMedia Photographer researches, writes, captures visual content, and edits general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
Annual Salary: $33,000.00 - and up, commensurate with experience
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (3) three years' experience as a multi-platinum journalist
• C amera and camera equipment
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Conflict management
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
• Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyjko0-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.