Multimedia Journalist Reporter
Local legacy NBC / ABC combo just south of Pittsburgh in beautiful Clarksburg, WV. We have been the top station in the market since 1957 and seeking a SUPERSTAR Creative Services Director.
Our amazing work & play community is home to West Virginia University - a member of the Big 12 Conference. We are in close proximity to major metro areas including Pittsburgh, Washington, Baltimore, Cleveland, Charleston and Charlotte.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for over 63 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
• The Creative Services Director is responsible for developing and leading the overall marketing strategy of the station, and for designing the tactics and promotions that will achieve the objectives of that strategy.
• Develops and executes the multiplatform marketing plan that will grow the WBOY Brand
• Develops and executes marketing strategies to enhance station competitiveness
• Manages and leads the department to create new and profitable events, and grow existing events
• Conceive, write, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
• Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
• Prepares budgets, approves budget expenditures and manages department expenses
• Plans, executes, and tracks revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contests that take place on-air, online and on-site
• Creates client promotions and promotional proposals with members of the Sales teams
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.