The Audio/Camera Operator is responsible for sound checks, equipment placement, volume, and quality of sound during live and taped productions.
AUDIO OPERATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setting up sound and recording equipment, adjusting, and testing the equipment
• Activating and adjusting various sound sources including microphones, audio playback devices, remote venue should (live shots), routable sound devices and sources and other sound generating sources
• Creating, maintaining, and adjusting proper mix of sound sources in a live and/or recorded environment
• Maintaining and managing audio devices and resources such as: audio mixing board, microphones, music playback devices and other sound generating or playback sources
• Operates Audio Mixing Board during live broadcasts and during recorded shows
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the Newscast Director
• Operates studio cameras or remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with Newscast Directors and other crew and staff members to discuss show rundowns, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipment
• Tests, cleans and maintains camera, lighting and studio equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
• Must be able to perform all duties under high stress situations and conditions
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephone, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The Audio/Camera Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, must be able to handle control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Must be able to climb ladder. Must be able to life, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y9p1-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.