The Sr. SEC Analyst supports the Corporate Accounting Department in various tasks related to the filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), annual proxy filing requirements and shareholder meeting, processing of transactions related to stock-based compensation, lease accounting under FASB ASC 842 and assist in the monthly accounting close process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Gathers information and prepare analysis/support required for SEC filings.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings under the supervision of the Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
• Review of XBRL filings.
• Assist in the annual report and proxy statement preparation.
• Assist in the annual shareholder meeting process.
• Prepare audit schedules (rollforwards/analysis) for quarterly review and annual audit.
• Assist in processing transactions related to stock-based compensation
• Process transactions related to new leases, modified leases, and terminated leases through the recently adopted lease accounting standard FASB ASC 842 (requires communication and interaction with operational teams at the Company's TV stations and other business units)
• Assist in the monthly close, including lease accounting, equity-based compensation, legal and professional costs, capitalized software obligations and other
• Special projects as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• CPA certificate
• 4-6 years of experience (public accounting preferred)
Special Skills Required:
• Strong understanding of GAAP and SEC rules, including XBRL
• Public accounting experience is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proactive, self-motivated, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.