NewsNation, America's newest primetime cable news network, is seeking to hire an Associate Digital Producer responsible for the repurposing of on-air content across the cable network's digital platforms and channels.
NewsNation is America's source for unbiased news, where engaged citizens get news that represents the full range of perspectives across the country. The team is led by veteran journalists and draws on the local, regional and national expertise of Nexstar's 5,400 journalists in 110 local newsrooms across the country.
Formerly known as WGN America, the network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc, the country's largest owner of local TV stations, and reaches 75 million television households in the US
• Transform multiple broadcast segments per shift into compelling digital content.
• Clip broadcast segments for publishing across all digital platforms and social media channels.
• Package online content with related assets that drive engagement.
• Craft compelling headlines, teases and social media posts that encourage followers to click into story watch video and/or interact with the digital platform.
• Assist with livestreaming and video needs during breaking news situation.
• Edit wire and local network-affiliated content for a national audience.
• Utilize SEO best practices.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Experience working as a digital reporter or producer in a local or national newsroom
• Strong news judgement and ability to determine when local stories have national appeal
• Develop multiple ideas off a single news topic to push stories forward daily
• Excellent communicator, both oral written
• Early morning, late night and/or weekend shifts may be required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ybvx-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.