New Line Productions, Inc. seeks a Department Assistant for the Theatrical Creative Executive department who will provide administrative and clerical support to two (2) Production Creative Development Directors.
• Arranges executive calendar or schedules meetings, independently or as directed.
• Reads scripts and provides coverage at the executive's discretion.
• Types and organizes story notes, production notes, post-production notes and various other development material.
• Answers telephone and screens, logs & places calls.
• Corresponds on behalf of the executive on day to day matters.
• Designs various data systems to track relevant information (submissions, competitive projects, etc.)
• Prepares and follows through on expense reports.
• Coordinates international & domestic travel & hotel accommodations.
• Compiles writer, director & actor lists for projects at supervisor's discretion.
• Maintains various files, records, indexes, & logs.
• Responds to inquiries, orders supplies and handles specific assignments.
• Greets talent, creative staff & executives.
• Makes photocopies documents & other materials.
• Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
• Previous administrative assistant experience preferred.
• Previous experience in motion picture creative development at a studio or agency preferred.
• Typing at 60 wpm and proficiency with Word required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MAC and In Entertainment.
• Proficiency in Fastnotes preferred.
• Must have knowledge of file set-up, maintenance, filing procedures, basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage, report & letter formats.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must have ability to maintain composure and efficiency while working with heavy phones and constant interruptions.
• Must have ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be flexible, personable and able to interact with all levels of personnel.
• Must be able to work some overtime as needed.
• Strong interest in scripts and general film knowledge preferred.
• Familiarity with agents/agencies, producers and film community in general preferred.
• Working knowledge of Feature Writers and Directors strongly desired.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw87xy-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.