Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries that enjoy TV series, documentaries, and feature films in more than 30 different languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are always looking to help members find their next favorite story.
Platform Engineering is focused on providing technical products, tools, and services that enable Netflix to scale and innovate. We want to empower Netflix engineers to focus on building innovative experiences for our members and creators around the world. We deploy hundreds of services, on thousands of instances, across multiple regions, and millions of client devices. Platform Engineering Teams focus on increasing agility, efficiency, and reliability across our compute, networking, productivity, and data products.
Within Platform Engineering, the Data platform organization helps Netflix maximize the value of data by enabling teams to easily store, discover, and utilize data. The team provides data-related infrastructure for software engineering (e.g. data stores), data engineering (e.g. batch and stream processing), and analytics (e.g. Tableau). Ensure that we appropriately account for broad concerns such as cost, privacy, and security.
We are looking for an experienced technical program manager that will be focused on large cross-functional data infrastructure and big data-related programs that impact all of engineering at Netflix. This individual will partner closely with product managers, engineering managers, engineers, and other technical program managers to execute complex technical programs. If you're looking for a technical and highly dynamic opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the future of software engineering at Netflix, we'd love to talk to you!
What you will do
• Lead multiple cross-functional programs, in collaboration with technical teams (including product, engineering, UI/UX, Data Science, etc), that focus on building a scalable, reliable, and secure infrastructure foundation
• Leverage deep technical domain expertise to drive technical strategy, planning, and execution with engineering partners
• Craft and drive engagement with partners, work to decompose requirements into technical execution plans with multiple engineering teams, track progress towards goals, and report status to product, customers, and technical leadership
• Champion breaking out OKRs into measurable milestones while proactively managing risks, blockers, and delays
• Manage cross-functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly
What we are looking for: Functional Skills
• You can partner with multiple cross-functional teams to define technical strategy and requirements
• You are highly skilled, experienced, and enjoy orchestrating programs with many moving parts - people, needs, and technologies
• You have an ability to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches and weigh in on product vs technology tradeoffs
• You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, pulling data to provide insight, debug issues, and monitor system health
• You have a data-driven mindset in your decision making
• You have a deep understanding and point of view within your technical domain(s) of expertise
• You have domain expertise in one of the following areas: cloud infrastructure, engineering productivity, or data
What we are looking for: Basic Qualifications
• 10+ years of experience driving large scale SW projects with engineering and product teams
• 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or technical product/program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience
• Self-starter who enjoys tackling 0 to 1 problem spaces and quickly bringing organization and direction
What we are looking for: Additive Qualifications
• Experience in big data, compute platforms, data stores, analytics platforms, etc.
• Migration experience, moving from from on-prem to cloud architecture
• Data security/privacy architecture understanding
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez742-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.