Technical Product Manager, Studio Innovation (Animation Studio Technology)
*This position may be based out of either our Los Angeles or Los Gatos office.
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. We've become one of the largest entertainment studios in the world, creating new original content at an incredible pace. The Studio Innovation product team is front and center of this growth. We build software that fuels the production and creation of Netflix content. The Animation Studio Technology team within Studio Innovation builds products that power the Netflix Animation Studio ecosystem. Netflix is on a path to release six animation feature films per year, which no major studio has ever done, on top of the very healthy slate of animation series.
We're seeking ambitious, analytical, and technical product leaders to join our team. You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and other specialists to identify new ways to create products and services that drive impact in Animation. You will collaborate with global and regional business leaders to set a vision and chart a course. A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways and the willingness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of technical and analytical skills, and exceptional organizational leadership. The Animation team is growing at a rapid pace and needs a self-starter leader who has experience in strict prioritization and leveraging data to inform their decisions.
At Netflix, our product team is small so you have the opportunity to make a big impact, and our unique culture drives our approach to innovation. As a Product Manager on the Studio Product team, you will be expected to conceive, design and prioritize product initiatives based on your expertise and understanding of the landscape. Though this is a senior role, you won't have any direct reports. Instead, you will have the freedom to focus on significant business impact while orchestrating the work of stunning teams.
• Set a vision and strategy for the animation studio infrastructure and change the industry. You are responsible for developing innovative services, infrastructure and management tools required to contain and structure our animation studio production environment.
• Partner with the engineering team on how the 100-year-old Animation industry can be disrupted through technology.
• Lead a large cross-functional team to define a roadmap and execute innovative ideas.
• Develop, outline and maintain transaction volumes, SLAs for core infrastructure functions and workstations
• Coordinate with platform teams around capabilities needed from underlying platform infrastructure
• Foster a learn-fast mentality and collaborate with operational teams to roll out products to our talent, employees, and partners.
• Work closely with data science and algorithm teams to generate insights and develop new ideas.
• Thrive in a healthy debate of ideas while balancing to communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization.
What We're Looking For
• Proven record of successfully launching technical products or creative platforms
• Ability to prioritize well, and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies, whether in small group discussions or large-scale presentations
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Experience with new software development processes: discovery, design, engineering, soft launch
• Experience leading, collaborating or working with engineering teams collectively
• Willingness to regularly travel
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos
• Sharp assessment skills with an ability to vet wants vs. needs
• Comfortable with running lean
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment
• Experience or education in technology or business domains. An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines, an MBA, or animation experience are a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v209-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.