We are seeking an experienced Transportation Supervisor to help oversee our growing slate of film and television productions. Responsibilities include supporting and monitoring individual productions to insure compliance, identifying gaps and weak points in the system to improve workflow, and providing instruction and feedback to productions when needed. This position will report to the Transportation Manager in Los Angeles and work in conjunction with Netflix physical production leads, risk management department, and production safety department. The Transportation team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production related transportation for our global original series, films, documentaries and comedy specials.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have millions of members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion and a move into original film and series acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires a proactive and positive leader and thinker who is able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include:
Production Oversight and Innovation
• Effectively communicate with and act as the nexus between the internal cross-functional departments and external physical production management relating to transportation requirements and issues, specifically Human Resources, Safety, Labor Relations, Risk Management, Finance and Legal.
• Provide comprehensive transportation support to our production teams including regulatory oversight, operational guidance, vehicle asset management, and employee relations.
• Understand applicable regulations, policies, and union contracts (including rate/pay schedules and driver classifications) in order to insure proper compliance and provide guidance and insight on their impact.
• Collaborate on new technologies, test and pilot new programs to see how they will affect our industry in an effort to streamline film and television production transportation compliance.
Driver and Vehicle Compliance Management and Administration
• Oversee production DOT compliance, including:
• Collection, auditing, and scanning of paperwork for both drivers and vehicles
• Qualification of drivers
• Adherence to Hours Of Services requirements
• Coordinate with Compliance Coordinator to perform random auditing
• Act as the company's representative and administrator for all Federal and State DOT safety audits.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising multiple productions.
• Expertise with a minimum of 3 years experience in US and/or International motor carrier regulations.
• Knowledge of studio driver union rules, per each local union, from which the company is hiring drivers.
• Knowledge about production transportation equipment.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current regulations both domestically and internationally.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm51o6-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.