Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
We are a data-driven company that strives to make every aspect of our workflow data-aware. Real-Time Data Infrastructure is responsible for building scalable data platforms to enable users from all backgrounds to have easy and timely access to these rich datasets in a streaming fashion. We work on core streaming engines (Flink and Mantis), messaging engines (Kafka), schema infrastructure, and platforms to build robust pipelines connecting various sources to sinks.
About the role:
This role focuses on building the User Interface of the next-generation data pipeline platform to support abstraction on top of complex stream processing concepts such as filters, projections, windowing, sessionization, deduplication, to name a few. We envision to support Streaming SQL and architect an open high leverage platform where users can plug in custom patterns ranging from a simple udf to a complex source/sink connector.
You would work with exceptionally talented engineers in a high impact team, creating a product that will be used to build critical real-time data pipelines. This product will solve a variety of problems ranging from data engineering to machine learning, to real-time personalization, and many more. If you are passionate about building User Interfaces for platforms, if supporting different user personas challenges you, if translating platform features into intuitive product features excites you - you would be an excellent fit.
• Design and develop the User Interface for the next generation stream processing platform to support building customized data pipelines.
• Design UI features to support different user persona(s) with varying levels of experience with Stream Processing Data Platforms.
• Build a distributed, self-service platform that can seamlessly scale to handle trillions of events per day.
• Innovate and collaborate with partners to translate platform features into UI components.
• You have years of experience building a high-performance, intuitive user interface for platform products.
• You are an excellent communicator, self-driven, and work with and through partner teams.
• You are passionate about products and want to increase the impact and usability of stream processing platforms.
• Your experience building self-service platforms with appropriate abstractions is a plus.
We are remote inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service, with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.