Senior Data Scientist - Studio Production Data Science & Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
Our mission at Netflix is to entertain the world. We strive to bring joy to every one of our members. To make the many kinds of original content that have become synonymous with our brand, Netflix is building the largest creative studio in the world. Something at this scale has never been done before and many groups at Netflix are pitching in to contribute. The Studio Infrastructure team is doing their part by building infrastructure applications that empower the Netflix visual effects, animation, and post-production teams who operate across the globe. For us this isn't just about solving tough problems. It's about sparking artist joy.
Netflix is a global company and we're building a globally distributed studio to make more of our own content. Producing content at scale is a complicated creative process that involves many steps taken by many creative and operational teams. When these teams are scattered across the globe, it's the infrastructure, tooling, and automation we provide that keeps them connected, creating, and sharing. To be successful, we strive to support the creative process and stay out of the artist's way.
We believe a big part of our ability to spark artist joy comes from fostering inclusion and building diversity within our own team. Our team is made up of Engineers who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines. We believe the plurality of experience, opinions, and skills within our team is what makes us succeed in our own mission.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is excited by working with content creators to build custom solutions to satisfy a wide range of artist needs.
As a Member of our Team You Will:
• Work with Animation and VFX teams to support their productions and identify inefficiencies and improvements.
• Leverage your knowledge of studio production and hands on experience to build and support novel solutions for high latency, low connectivity, and no connectivity artistic needs.
• Work cross-functionally with Product teams to create systems and services that provide reliable and scalable solutions supporting the artist experience.
• Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses in studio production. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
• Have the freedom to build what is necessary based on customer needs.
• You were responsible for the customer experience of a specific feature or system.
• You have technical curiosity and are ready to help across the team and learn new skills.
• Knowledge of cloud compute and storage, including public cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
• Knowledge of studio production workflows, tools and technologies.
For more information on what it's like to work at Netflix, please take a look at our culture memo!