Senior Data Scientist - Studio Production Data Science & Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix is investing heavily in producing its own content, such as Bird Box and Stranger Things. The physical process of making movies and TV shows is an industry that is ripe for technology innovation. We have an opportunity to use the power of technology and cloud computing to bring scale and efficiency to the content creation process. We have begun doing this by building a suite of applications, which handle scheduling, distribution, scripts, contacts, calendars and locations. The show workflows team is building the backend microservices for a number of the above applications.
You'll want to work with us if you:
• Have a strong engineering background and a passion to design software systems from the ground up
• Excel in developing microservices that have high availability and low latency
• Are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance
• Like to work with users, product and design team to define what users want, what users need, and what we can deliver
• Like to collaborate with other engineering teams in coming up with and implementing product features
• Strive to adopt best practices and find opportunities for continuous improvements
We would love to work with you if:
• You are an experienced Java programmer and have stayed current with the evolution of the Java language and its ecosystem of frameworks and build tools
• You understand the challenges of distributed computing and know how to code for gRPC/REST APIs, fault tolerance and scalability
• You have experience with large-scale distributed systems and micro services architecture
• You are incremental with your development and take full responsibility for the quality of your code and end-to-end testing
Bonus Points if:
• You have experience working with Ruby on Rails
• You have experience working with GraphQL
• You understand build and deploy systems for cloud applications
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 190 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.