Senior Software Engineer - Experimentation Platform
Los Gatos, CA
About the Team
The Search & Voice Systems team creates the product experience for members searching for titles on all devices, whether they speak or type their query in the search box. We develop the systems that parse and understand member queries and run models to fetch, organize, and rank the search results. Our problem space is increasingly challenging and ripe for innovation as the business scales to support more languages and further personalize the member experience.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design, code and lead innovation projects to improve the Search product experience and Voice experiences in partnership with Alexa, Google Assistant, and other Netflix partners. You will join an experienced, high performing team of engineers actively working in this problem space. You will partner closely with the product management, applied research, data science / engineering, infrastructure, and UI teams and provide leadership on cross-functional projects. You will work with the team to drive technical direction and make our Search and Voice systems even more resilient, flexible, and scalable to support new use cases, more traffic, and host increasingly more complex machine learned models.
• Experience leading cross-functional projects
• Experience building large-scale distributed systems
• Experience in both SOA and Microservices architectures
• Expertise in concurrent programming and data structures
• Strong verbal and written communication
• BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related field
Bonus points for any of the following
• Search, NLU, NLP, and/or Voice domain experience
• Solr / Lucene, Elastic Search, or other Search technologies
• Cloud-based architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Strong Java, Scala skills and knowledge
• Experience with A/B Testing
• Exposure to Machine Learning
• Ads, recommendations, and/or personalization experience
• Apache Spark or other distributed compute frameworks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8v5m-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.