Productivity Engineering exists to maximize developer productivity by enabling engineers to spend more time helping Netflix entertain the world. The Developer Infrastructure & Tools team sits at the foundation of the developer experience at Netflix, providing critical infrastructure and tooling to all developers, including source code management, artifact management, issue tracking, documentation tools, and change management.
Our goal is to empower developers across Netflix to effectively deliver their products without having to focus on the underlying infrastructure and tooling.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Collaboration team in Productivity Engineering to help build infrastructure and tooling to empower engineers across Netflix. You'll partner and collaborate with 3rd party vendor tools to build integrations across Netflix systems.
Our culture is unique and we tend to live by our values which will allow you to do your best work and grow. To learn more about Productivity Engineering, feel free to listen to this podcast.
• Remote is an option. We value what you can do, from anywhere in the United States.
• Our offices are located in Los Gatos
You can make an impact
• Provide operations and end-user support for tools that deploy Netflix applications to the cloud
• Build integrations with 3rd party software optimize workflows for Netflix engineers
• Provide critical infrastructure and tooling to all developers
• Influence priorities and investments our team will make
Your primary responsibilities
• Build solutions using technologies like Java, SQL, Linux, Python, GraphQL
• Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to implement integrations to optimize the workflow for Netflix engineers
• Build strong partnerships with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, Backend engineering) and our customers
• Innovate, and deliver great technical solutions that improve developer efficiency and the overall developer experience
• Own the health and operational demands of tools used by engineers at Netflix
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you'd be a great candidate for the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Take a peek at your future colleagues
• Ed Bukoski has over 20 years of software development experience in varied domains including defense, commerce, finance and entertainment. At Netflix he is a Senior Software Engineer on the Collaboration Tools team forging vendor and open source products, crafting new tools, and providing support for Netflix's diverse developer ecosystem.
• Donny Hanle has been at Netflix nearly 3 years as a Senior Software Engineer on the Collaboration Tools team. He has helped to expand, run and maintain the many different services the team owns that supports other developers at Netflix
• Karate Vick has been at Netflix for over 10 years as a Senior Software Engineer on various Engineering Tools teams. He is working remotely from the San Diego region.
• Ricardo Veguilla has been at Netflix for nearly 2 years as a Senior Software Engineer working on Development Infrastructure tools and services. Before joining Netflix he worked as an software development consultant focused on agile delivery and cloud-native technologies. He is working remotely from Dallas, TX.
• Joel Brinkman has been walking the halls of Netflix for nearly four years. In that time he has used his passion for productivity tools to help create a more integrated developer experience and spent each morning trying to craft the perfect cup of coffee. The pandemic has him working remotely from Arizona and now living the caffeine-free life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n331-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.