Full Time Job
Senior Software Engineer - Partner Engineering
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Company and Product Strategy:
Instant streaming is a core part of Netflix's strategy for the future. Our first product to support instant streaming to TVs was launched in May 2008 and is now available on 100s of products. Our partnerships include global TV and OTT device makers, like Hisense, Philips, Xiaomi, as well as many of the world's operators, such as Airtel, Singtel, and PCCW. The Netflix Device Platform makes this possible.
About the role:
In order to help our partners add the Netflix instant streaming service quickly to their device, we work very closely with their engineering teams to integrate quickly and overcome any and all challenges. We are now looking for a senior engineer to take ownership of our most important partners in the emerging market of APAC mainly and help them integrate our SDK into their new products. The functionality of our platform includes streaming and playback, dynamic UI, security and partner-specific adaptation for new types of devices. In this role, you'll apply your experience in software development to a wide variety of technical challenges to achieve the goal of helping our APAC partners bring their products to market on time with the highest quality. Given the focus, this role requires solid communication skills, strong embedded system knowledge and the ability to travel (2 to 3 weeks a quarter) to develop and maintain strong ties with our partners. For more details on the Partner Engineering team, watch this video. This position is based at Hsinchu,Taiwan.
Required skills and attributes:
• You are fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin)
• You have good knowledge of Operating System concepts (Linux, Android)
• You have experience integrating/testing applications on embedded platforms.
• You have experience in test case development and white box testing.
• You're comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership.
• You enjoy working side by side with partners on tough problems. Experience working with partners is a plus.
• Experience with Android application and Android framework development is a plus.
• Experience with building device automation and backend technologies is a plus
• Speaking other foreign language(s) will be a plus (e.g. Korean, Japanese or Cantonese)
• With 2-3 years experience as a team leader or an engineering manager is a plus