Senior Security Engineer, Enterprise Security
Los Gatos, CA
The Netflix Messaging Engineering team builds the platform, applications and messages to communicate with Netflix members across their entire lifecycle, starting with acquisition, and then moving into account, on boarding and personalized content recommendation messaging. Messaging is considered part of the core Netflix product and is critical in driving growth and engagement of our member base as we work take Netflix to the next 100 million subscribers
We are continually focused on being data-driven to help determine the frequency of messages, what kind of messages members should receive, as well as the types of channels we send messages through (email, push notifications, in-app alerts, and SMS) that reach subscribers on a wide variety of devices. All the while building and innovating in a distributed environment where maintainability, reliability, and scalability are key.
What you will do…
As a senior engineer on the Messaging team, you'll be responsible for the creation and evolution of a platform for personalizing messages for any given member. This is a great place for innovation, and there are several dimensions of personalizing messages that we are eager to start learning about: time of day, frequency, category, messaging channel etc. You will work closely with algorithm engineering to operationalize models to run at scale. You'll partner with product teams to propose, design and implement A/B tests that help guide our learning in this space and drive our core metrics: streaming and retention for members and acquisition for non-members.
If working cross-functionally with product, application engineers, data scientists, and analysts to build the next generation personalized messaging system to engage with over 200 million subscribers with fantastic and relevant content sounds exciting, this might be the job for you!
Take a look at some work we've done…
• Messaging Engineering @ Netflix
• Strong algorithmic background working on consumer facing product innovation
• Experience working on products and apps that touch the customer lifecycle
• Ability to solve problems that span multiple interconnected systems
• Experience with distributed architectures and scaling systems
• Thrive in an environment that requires you to work cross-functionally across engineering and product teams
• Great at making data driven decisions and being analytical
• Great oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, AM, or similar
Nice To Have Skills & Experience:
• Experience designing and building personalization / recommendation systems
• Experience working with large data sets, building pipelines and/or indexes to implement algorithms
• Familiarity with SQL
• Familiarity with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, Cassandra and other large data technologies
• Experience in cloud computing