The Database Access Platform team is part of Cloud Data Engineering (CDE) -- an organization that provides Persistence as a Service to the rest of Netflix. CDE develops and operates world-scale storage services such as databases and caching solutions that enable other teams to focus on building a phenomenal product.
The Database Access Platform team develops client libraries and services that federate access to data stores and make it easier for application teams to use our storage platforms. We're looking for a senior software engineer interested in developing innovative clients for distributed systems. The ideal candidate will not only be passionate about data store clients but also work with server-side peers and application teams to build optimized, efficient and reliable systems.
You will be a great match if you have experience in
• Programming in Java, C++, C# or Go
• Designing scalable distributed systems
• Building microservices at scale
• Deploying on a major cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP)
• Working with Cassandra, CockroachDB, Zookeeper or Elasticsearch
Even better if you also have
• Working knowledge of gRPC or GraphQL
• Experience in on-call rotation
• Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
For context on some of the CDE projects, see
• How Netflix microservices tackle dataset pub-sub
• Announcing EVCache: Distributed in-memory datastore for Cloud
• Building and Running Cloud Native Cassandra
• More talks from our team @CDE Channel
Netflix offers a creative culture that values freedom and responsibility. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected class. You can read more about our stance on diversity here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re80w1-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.