As Netflix continues to grow, we are looking for a Senior Manager to join the Creative Production Strategy, Planning & Analysis (CP SP&A) team supporting the Product Creative function within Creative Production. Creative Production is comprised of multiple teams responsible for promotional asset creation (video, artwork / print, & digital), creative strategy for our titles, content theme analyses & tagging, and linguistic & cultural adaptation of Netflix content. The goal of Creative Production is to create experiences that help people discover and connect with the stories they'll love, both on and off our service. Specifically, the Product Creative team develops the promotional assets used on our service. After logging into Netflix, if you've ever chosen a title based on the artwork or trailer, you've experienced the work of our Product Creative team.
Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to Product Creative strategy and operations. Product Creative leadership relies heavily on CP SP&A as a key contributor to strategic development, creative and operational excellence, and informing important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to drive thought leadership and be highly analytical, a strong problem solver, and an effective and influential communicator with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, and experiences. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and display strong initiative for meeting the business demands within Product Creative. You must be an inclusive leader as you will have a Manager reporting to you. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
This role will be based out of Los Angeles, California, with periodic travel globally. In addition, this role requires close cross-functional collaboration with teams such as Data Science & Engineering, Creative Production & Promotion (supports tooling/solutions), Product Innovation, Marketing Strategy, etc.
• Establish a trusted relationship with the Product Creative VP and regional leaders across the world to partner on development of broader team strategy and prioritization of global initiatives
• Proactively identify opportunities to drive operational improvements
• Develop scalable frameworks and/or analyses to address global questions and/or enable decision-making
• Support US-specific analytical needs, and help prioritize and coordinate ex-US analytical support with ex-US based CP SP&A team members
• Partner with Product Creative stakeholders and Data Science partners to develop global steering metrics (financial and/or operational) and reporting
• Understand and advise on Product Creative budget and headcount planning needs
• Support cross-functional partnerships (e.g., Marketing, Innovation) that impact Product Creative operations
• Partner with Product and Engineering partners to develop tools/solutions to optimize operations
• Translate data-driven insights into actionable take-aways for creative business partners
• Drive creation of deliverables and present findings to senior business partners
• Effectively manage and develop the Manager reporting to you, providing guidance on work product, prioritization, stakeholder management, career development, etc.
• Strong track record of thought leadership, driving comprehensive analyses, stakeholder management, working in cross-functional teams, and communicating recommendations in a clear, structured and concise way
• 8+ years of experience in a highly analytical environment - top management consulting firm, corporate/strategic planning, and/or analytics in an OTT/entertainment/digital media company or agency, or similarly demanding functions in which modeling, strategic analysis, and operational optimization is essential
• Exceptional stakeholder management capabilities - in particular, experience in developing and presenting analyses and insights to a broad range of creative stakeholders
• Experience managing and developing highly-motivated and accomplished team members
• MBA or an equivalent Master's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
• Experience in Creative Production, Marketing, or Product Development is a plus
• Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry is a plus