Netflix Original shows and films are produced all over the world and watched by more than 200 million accounts globally. We aim to give content creators the opportunity to bring their most visionary ideas to life and create joy for our members around the world through innovative storytelling.
The Content Finance Data Science & Engineering team at Netflix is a talented group of cross-functional data professionals. We help scale our rapidly growing Content and Studio efforts by focusing on datasets describing production cost, slate financial planning, and our global workforce of vendors and production talent. These data sets represent tens of billions of dollars - a large portion of Netflix's revenue - reinvested into entertaining the world with new, original shows. We conduct statistical analyses, develop analytic tools, develop new data sets and pipelines, and build predictive models and algorithms using machine learning, all with the goal of producing the best content we can in the best way we can. Check out this blog post to learn more about the area and some of the problems we're working on.
We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our team in Amsterdam, a hub for Netflix Studio Production and Content functions. With our increasingly global focus, there is an ever-growing need for rigorous analytics and data solutions across all offices. This is an opportunity to shape a high-impact data space at Netflix from its early stages. As the first member of our team outside the United States, you'd also have an opportunity to innovate in new ways, in collaboration with a global workforce.
In this role, you will:
• Execute rigorous analytic research using our rich corpus of global content and studio data, with the aim of improving our Studio strategy and decision making. The method of analysis is up to you (descriptive analytics, models, statistical tests, etc.)
• Partner with finance, production, and business teams (particularly outside the US) on new ideas for data analyses and applied modeling
• Create data visualizations or lightweight analytic tools in order to communicate results
• Craft metrics and reports that will help the Content and Studio functions to evaluate their progress
• Collaborate with Data Engineers and Software Engineers to source new data or improve existing data
• Broad experience with a range of analysis methods: descriptive, statistical, comparative, or machine-learned (supervised and unsupervised learning)
• Proficient in Python or R (or another scripting language used for data science & analysis)
• Able to gather and query your own data using SQL in a relational database environment
• Able to extract meaningful insight from data that may be low-N, high-variation, or incomplete; alternately, to have the keen judgment to know when meaningful insight isn't yet possible
• Experience working with one or more business intelligence or data visualization platforms (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, MicroStrategy, Domo, etc.)
• Strong data presentation and storytelling skills
• Strong communicator; able to own and deepen direct relationships with a wide variety of business partners and engineers
• Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
• Enthusiastic about innovating and learning in a fast paced environment
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment. You will work with stunning colleagues who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n48m-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.