At Netflix, we seek to entertain the world. We have more than 200 million members in 190 countries, reflecting that great stories can come from anywhere and be loved everywhere. Our payments teams across the world are a key part of this mission, continuously optimizing the set of payment methods that we offer in each country and investing in innovation to enable a seamless payments experience for our members. Their deep market knowledge and focus on operational excellence makes it easy for customers to access Netflix and enjoy their next story without interruption.
Data is at the heart of our payments strategy and innovation at Netflix. In the Payments Data Science & Engineering team, we provide guidance to the business not only through analysis, metrics research, experimentation, causal inference, and modeling, but also through exceptional judgment, partnership, and business acumen. These deeply collaborative efforts unlock millions of dollars of revenue impact each year through new member growth and improved member retention.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will join this team of stunning Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers. You'll design metrics, generate insights by scoping and executing deep dive analysis, and provide recommendations from rigorous evaluation of product experiments. You'll work closely with partner analytics teams to build workflows and drive success on end-to-end analytics initiatives. You'll spot gaps in how we've done things before, and you'll find a better way to do them.
In this role, you will:
• Partner closely with Payments leads and business analysts -- often regional teams -- to identify and evaluate high impact analytical problems using deep dive analyses and data visualization
• Execute A/B tests to innovate on the payments experience, in close collaboration with engineers, product designers, consumer researchers, and product managers
• Craft, prototype, and socialize metrics in collaboration with partner teams to help the business measure performance and success of payments initiatives
• Identify opportunities and create solutions to automate and scale ad hoc requests
• Design, build, and automate business metrics into self-serve dashboards
What you'll bring:
• Exceptional communication skills, able to influence your partners using clear insights and recommendations
• Exceptional thought partnership, able to own direct relationships with stakeholders and build credibility through clarity and judgment
• Strong SQL skills and knowledge of other distributed data stores (S3, Presto, Hive & Spark)
• Deep experience with ETL and data warehousing concepts (Python, Spark, S3, Meson), as well as data analysis, reporting, and visualization (Python, Tableau, R)
• Willingness to adapt as business needs evolve to select the right tool, whether a deep dive analysis, A/B test, automated report, or dashboard
• Willingness to learn and rapidly absorb business context in the complex payments ecosystem
• Applied knowledge of A/B testing fundamentals
What you'll learn:
• Innovation and partnership on a global scale, partnering with regional market experts to improve the payments experience for members around the world
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d52411-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.