Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment and shaping the evolution of storytelling around the world. We are also a data-inspired company and use this competitive advantage to constantly improve our product and content for the benefit of our members.
The Data Management and Analytics pod sits within the Consumer Insights team and is composed of quantitative-leaning, technical experts with specialization in data engineering and data science. This team's superpower is their unparalleled ability to bring clarity and a new perspective to nuanced and complicated business problems. They independently shine a light on opportunities and challenges or provide vital data to collaborative initiatives to ensure that insights inspire action and innovation across the company.
We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to be a founding member of the Consumer Insights Data Management and Analytics team. The opportunity for Consumer Insights to impact critical decisions is unprecedented. In this role, you will develop next generation data pipelines, models and products to elevate consumer research and help answer Netflix's most complex business challenges.
Visit our culture deck and our Research page to learn about what it's like to work on Analytics at Netflix.
In this role, you will:
• Create and maintain scalable data pipelines to manage and transform large amounts of survey, social and behavioral data for analytics use cases and company-wide reporting.
• Bring vision to a developing space, identifying the root question(s) to solve for, and how to unearth insights that will inform key business decisions.
• Be a strategic partner to Consumer Insights Researchers: Helping to identify critical analytical problems and find innovative solutions with data.
• Create highly intuitive, visual dashboards with a focus on high business impact.
• Take ownership of existing dashboards and data tools with an eye for improving those resources to facilitate self-service analytics.
• Collaborate with Researchers, Engineers and Data Scientists to conduct analyses and apply statistics to answer specific day-to-day questions or support larger initiatives.
• Develop data driven stories to answer some of the toughest questions in entertainment through data visualization and the summarizing of insights in verbal and written form.
To be successful in this role, you have:
• A University degree in a technical field (Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field) or relevant industry industry experience.
• Expert programming and data manipulation skills using SQL, R and/or Python, and version control (Github, Stash).
• Experience building multi-step ETL jobs / data pipelines and working with job scheduling systems.
• Strong data visualization skills and experience with Tableau is required. This includes viz development, complex dashboard actions, and optimizations. Familiarity with other data visualization tools is a plus (e.g. R Shiny, Looker).
• Demonstrated ability to thrive with minimal oversight and process. You connect the dots across business needs and independently drive projects forward.
• Experience developing dimensional warehouse data models is necessary.
• Experience working with 3rd party APIs for data ingestion is a plus.
• Experience working with or interest in survey data and/or social data is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzebb3-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.