As we expand globally, we continue to expand our talented and unique team to help us scale the business. With our continued investment in original productions, content licensing and international expansion, it's a great time to join Netflix. Visit our company culture page and long-term view to learn more about us.
Our Mobility Tax and Employment Tax team seeks an experienced Senior Analyst to support all areas of both mobility tax and employment tax with emphasis on US, Canada and Asia Pacific matters and global functional projects. This role focuses on a broad range of tax issues that impact our employees, including international assignments, cross-border relocations, frequent business travel, remote work, equity income taxation, audit strategy and resolution, and domestic employment tax issues.
The senior analyst must not only have tax expertise but also empathize with their stakeholder and employee perspectives and effectively communicate complex tax matters, consistently providing an extraordinary employee experience. This role can be based in Los Angeles or Los Gatos, California, and reports to the Senior Manager of Mobility and Employment Tax.
• Supports the Mobility and Employment Tax team with initiatives to educate stakeholders and employees on the mobility and employment tax impacts of temporary or permanent employee relocations, focusing primarily on the US, Canada, and Asia Pacific (with the opportunity to occasionally support EMEA and Latin America/Mexico matters).
• Supports non-critical relocation and assignment cases, helping address queries or unique issues that arise, collaborating with cross-functional partners such as Talent Mobility, Payroll, Employment Legal, Corporate Tax.
• Acts as a key contact in tax initiatives around Frequent Business Travel taxation and helps implement a scalable approach with a broad range of cross-functional partners, and handling day-to-day queries from employees.
• Supports the team on day-to-day tax matters for taxation of stock operations, compensation reporting and taxation for mobile employees.
• Assists with domestic employment tax matters that arise in the US and global locations, including compensation and benefit reporting and taxation.
• Supports employment tax audits, gathering and analyzing data, helping to respond to information requests, etc.
• Leads the team's efforts to stay apprised of changing tax laws and regulations that may impact the business, and proactively addressing any necessary actions or communications.
• Helps manage and collaborate with the external mobility tax services provider to ensure the best experience for Netflix and our employees.
• Supports other regional or global initiatives as Netflix grows and evolves, e.g., remote work related initiatives.
• Requires adapting quickly to expansions in new countries, helping the team to gather the relevant information about the mobility and employment tax landscape, and the education our cross-functional partners or employees may need.
To be successful:
• You bring 5+ years of relevant experience to the role. You will work closely with all members of the Mobility and Employment Tax team, collaborating on various regional and functional issues.
• You have good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships. You can simply articulate well reasoned judgments in an ambiguous and fast paced environment. You attempt to balance risk with optimal outcomes for the business and employees, and provide tax input on important decisions.
• You have experience managing projects with limited supervision and effectively partnering with cross functional teams to provide timely deliverables and supply required expertise. You have worked closely with talent mobility, immigration, talent acquisition, corporate tax, employment legal, stock admin, HR business partners and payroll, seeking to resolve potential issues.
• You have technical competency in cross-border tax considerations, including avoidance of double taxation, tax residence, income sourcing, tax equalization, social security agreements, etc. You can analyze and understand tax technical rules and present them simply and effectively as practical guidance to employees and stakeholders.
• You are experienced in individual income and employment tax laws in the US at both federal and state levels, and, ideally, navigating equivalent rules in Canada and the Asia Pacific region. You can quickly learn new country situations and seek to provide the best answer for your stakeholders.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n1bq-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.