Production Support Engineer, Studio Infrastructure
Los Angeles, CA
The Creative Technologies team at Netflix aims to advocate for best practices and high production standards and evolve the tools and craft of motion picture production. From on-set to post production and final delivery, our team consists of experts in cameras, sound, data management, image science, editorial, color grading, VFX, virtual production, animation, and more.
The Creative Sciences group encompasses Sound, Imaging, VFX, Virtual Production, Animation, and Technical Workflow and Environments teams. The group is responsible for evaluating and piloting new and emerging tools and techniques, incubating and directing exploration and experimentation, engaging with standards bodies and manufacturers or vendors, and defining recommended workflows and implementations for tools and technologies. Your part in the team will be as a Program Manager for these efforts.
As a Creative Sciences Program Manager on the Creative Technologies team you will work alongside other team Program and Project Managers within the Program Management Office (PMO). Your perspective will be critical to the success of Creative Sciences' research and innovation.
Your responsibilities will include:Your responsibilities will include:
• Championing the big picture view of the Creative Sciences team's R&D work, influencing industry technology standards and best practices by not only getting things done, but by choosing the right things to focus on in partnership with leadership.
• Leading the planning, management, and execution of multiple related creative sciences projects that are aligned behind the same strategies and goals. You'll find affinities, dependencies, and opportunities among them, identifying new areas of focus or removing roadblocks as they arise.
• Connecting the dots for subject-matter experts to share knowledge, resources, and expertise across projects. You'll serve as a facilitator and guide while also asserting your business-informed perspective as a key contributor in the Steering Committee.
• Synthesizing data and trends to find ways to measure success of team initiatives and socializing progress in reports that are tailored to different internal audiences.
• Participating in ''citizen developer'' technical solutions to optimize workflows for our team members and our stakeholders in collaboration with PMO.
• Serving as a project manager for specific efforts that require more guidance.
• Representing Creative Technologies in internal Netflix workgroups and task forces as needed and working closely with the appropriate Netflix Product and Studio teams to model and communicate team initiatives.
• Actively finding opportunities to improve and evolve the team's approach to program and project management.
• At least 3 years of related experience participating in complex projects with demonstrated project management skills.
• A background in film/television production or post production, preferably with a basic understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows and best practices.
• A proactive approach to getting things done, and strong opinions on how to get there. You're willing to blaze your own path and find your own resources, relentlessly learning and digging into root causes, and reliably leading teammates in a way that inspires others to follow.
• The ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities. You should be comfortable with having to pivot quickly when necessary.
• Strong communication skills and a collaborative demeanor. We often write and edit documentation together, leave comments for each other, and hold discussions in-person (when we can) and remotely.
• A drive to solve creative problems using technology. Some tools we currently use include Slack, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets), Airtable, and Coda.