Product Manager, Studio Innovation
Los Gatos, CA
Product Manager, Studio Innovation (Business & Legal Affairs)
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to over 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. We've become the largest entertainment studio in the world, creating new original content at an incredible pace. The Studio Innovation product team is front and center of this growth. We build software that fuels the production of content at Netflix. Every year, Netflix spends billions ($12B in 2020) producing content to constantly delight members.
The Business and Legal Affairs innovation team builds products in support of the deal negotiation and rights acquisitions space, across both content and music. We are looking for a strategic product leader to join the team. You will lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and other specialists to identify new ways to create products that drive impact. Your work will involve building solutions that will empower our lawyers to negotiate better deals while streamlining underlying processes. You will partner with global and regional business leaders to set a vision and chart a course. A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways and the boldness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of creativity and analytical skills, and exceptional organizational influence.
At Netflix, our product team is small. You have the opportunity to make a big impact. Our unique culture drives our approach to innovation.
• Develop the vision and strategy for how we plan, optimize and manage information to enable high production quality at scale.
• Engage and thrive in a healthy debate of ideas and communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization.
• Lead cross-functional teams to define a roadmap and execute innovative ideas
• Work closely with the Data Science and Research teams to generate insights and develop new ideas.
• Evaluate for a build vs. buy model and licensing opportunities while balancing short term and long term perspectives.
• Foster a learn-fast mentality, collaborate with operational teams to roll out products to our employees.
What We're Looking For
• 5+ years of Product Management experience with a proven record of successfully launching products or platforms
• General Manager mentality - interest in the intersection of technology, operations, and business. Ability to mobilize the entire organization towards a common goal
• Ability to prioritize well and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead large teams of designers, engineers, and business partners
• Ability to build trustworthy relationships with stakeholders and the product organization
• Exceptional communication skills, in writing or verbally, whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with executives
• Exceptional analytical skills