Product Manager, Studio Innovation
Los Gatos, CA
Product Manager, Studio Innovation (Animation Studio Technology)
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. We've become the largest entertainment studio in the world, creating new original content at an incredible pace. The Studio Innovation product team is front and center of this growth. We build software that fuels the production and creation of Netflix content. The Animation Studio Technology team within Studio Innovation builds products that power the Netflix Animation Studio ecosystem. Netflix is on a path to release six animation feature films per year, which no major studio has ever done, on top of the very healthy slate of animation series.
We're seeking ambitious, analytical, and strategic product leaders to join our team. You will lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, analysts, and other specialists to identify new ways to create products that drive impact in Animation. You will collaborate with global and regional business leaders to set a vision and chart a course. A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways and the willingness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of creativity and analytic skills, and exceptional organizational leadership. The Animation team is growing at a rapid pace and needs a self-starter leader who has experience in strict prioritization and leveraging data to inform their decisions.
At Netflix, our product team is small so you have the opportunity to make a big impact, and our unique culture drives our approach to innovation.
• Set a vision and strategy for the animation review workflow and change the industry. You are responsible for developing an innovative way to review animation content in pre/production as it goes through iterations.
• Partner with the consumer research team on how the 100-year-old Animation industry can be disrupted through technology.
• Lead a large cross-functional team to define a roadmap and execute innovative ideas.
• Evaluate for a build vs. buy model and licensing opportunities while balancing short term and long term perspectives.
• Foster a learn-fast mentality and collaborate with operational teams to roll out products to our talent, employees, and partners.
• Work closely with data science and algorithm teams to generate insights and develop new ideas.
• Thrive in a healthy debate of ideas while balancing to communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization.
What We're Looking For
• Proven record of successfully launching business/consumer products or creative platforms
• General Manager mentality - interest in the intersection of technology, operations, and business. Ability to mobilize the entire organization towards a common goal
• Ability to prioritize well, and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead designers, engineers, and data scientists
• Ability to communicate well, whether in small group discussions or large-scale presentations
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Experience or education in technology or business domains. An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines, an MBA, or animation experience are a plus.