Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
At Netflix, scaling to connect 145+ million people in 190 countries with movies and TV series requires not only great content but also strategic partnerships and product integrations that make it easy to discover and enjoy Netflix. We tackle many hard problems and need a leader who can shape these experiences and the future of entertainment globally.
As a Product Manager for Partner and third-party APIs, you work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to shape our engagements and integrations with platform partners (Google, Amazon, Roku), and other global and regional consumer electronics and a variety of operator partners.
Applying both qualitative feedback and quantitative metrics to guide decisions and measure success, you will be responsible for developing and executing the product roadmap for the API platforms, tools and testing. Success in this role will rely heavily on both technical prowess and the ability to influence a broad set of stakeholders. Scaling our platforms, unlocking innovation and driving efficiencies with our APIs are key objectives for this role. We are looking for someone who has managed and scaled API products in a highly cross-functional environment.
This is a dynamic role with a tremendous impact on how current and future members around the world will discover and watch Netflix content. Be sure to review our culture page and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
What you will do:
• Define and execute core updates and enhancements to the partner-facing APIs, to enable new end-user experiences for both testing and scaling
• Define the partner metadata strategy to ensure continuity across data structures that can enable new flows
• Partner-facing and internal API tooling strategy and execution (e.g. test tooling, mock utilities, developer portal capabilities)
• End-to-end owner of standardizing partner onboarding, development, testing, launch
• Technical product and partner policy choices, including authentication and certification requirements
• Responsible for assessing and driving any API updates requested by partners, and internal stakeholders, consulting with legal, privacy, and engineers
What we're looking for:
• Experience with Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures (RESTful and GraphQL APIs)
• Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
• Track record of technical product innovation, finding new opportunities and building them to scale
• Demonstrated technical product ownership with B2B2C or B2B services
• Communicate effectively -- written and verbally -- across a diverse set of audiences.
• Think strategically and lean on data to inform decision-making
• Have an aptitude and interest in presenting to partners, and motivating them to continuously improve the Netflix experience
• Can balance consumer, partner, data operations, legal, privacy, and business interests while considering technical implications
• Have a demonstrated track record of leading cross-functionally, can actively solicit input, and then confidently make a decision and execute
• Are comfortable working with ambiguity. This role is fast-paced, fluid, and will frequently evolve based on partner, strategy, and product priorities
• Are earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
A few more things to know
• Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at Culture Memo.
• We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.