Principal Engineer, Client UI & Ecosystem Engineering (L7)
At Netflix, we are reinventing the way people are entertained by both enabling and innovating how visual storytelling is produced, discovered and enjoyed. Netflix provides a platform for stories from different places and different perspectives to reach, connect, and inspire millions of people all over the world.
The Client UI and Ecosystem Engineering team is responsible for building out the core streaming experience as well as new experiences like games and Ads. CUE is also the team responsible for the video player infrastructure, the TV and games SDKs as well as the tools to monitor in-field performance of thousands of device types.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be on the senior most individual contributor level at Netflix working across the initiatives outlined above for the CUE org. In this role, you will identify and solve highly complex problems that impact the entire company, understand systems and practices to formulate technical roadmaps for teams and provide executive-level technical leadership and mentorship to peers, stakeholders, and partners.
• Lead the development of large-scale features to delight our customers with best-in-class experiences.
• Work closely with product managers, UX designers, technical program managers and partner teams to decompose complex problems into simple, reusable solutions.
• Dive deep to completely understand problems on a variety of platforms while collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide both strategic and tactical oversight.
• Drive end-to-end architectural designs that balance customer benefit, cost, and resilience.
• Partner with other Directors of Technology to solve our hardest technical challenges and have a material impact on the business.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues while helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• 13+ years of professional software development experience
• 8+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Proven track record of designing, building, and supporting reliable systems in production
• Deeply technical with success in setting the technical direction for engineering projects, making architectural decisions, and influencing cross-functional teams
• Expert knowledge of mobile and client-side development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• Able to work with senior leadership to develop a long-term technical strategy and map business goals to appropriate technology investments.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for this role is typically $90,000 - $900,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7m059-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.