Our growing global Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is looking for a new member to join the team: a Music Contract Administrator who shares our passion for music to help support our expanding slate of Netflix Original content. Someone who seeks out and thrives in a culture where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. A stunning and selfless colleague for whom no task is too small or insurmountable.
The Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is an international group with members in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia, and is responsible for all of Netflix's global music business affairs, legal affairs and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix Originals through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally. This role is based in our London office and will report to the Director, Music Business & Legal Affairs, with a dotted line to the Manager, Music Contract Administration who is based in Los Angeles.
This role will have broad responsibility for managing the tracking, organisation, distribution and processing of a high volume of contracts for the Music Team, from signature to distribution, archiving, processing and arranging for payment. This is not your traditional Music Contract Administrator role: you will manage vital components of our music contract administration process, not just ''contract management'', and have visibility into all facets of our music business and the larger scope of Netflix's expansion. If this sounds intriguing, read on for the details...
As a seasoned Music Contract Administrator, you know the ins-and-outs of the music industry, and its jargon is second nature to you. You know exactly what it takes to use music in a production, you understand the significance of master use and synchronisation licences and you know what a composer agreement, music supervisor, songwriter and producer agreement covers. Your organisational skills are unparalleled and, in your view, there's no contract detail that's too small or insignificant. Your expert eye for detail means you know how to review music agreements for the key information needed for contract administration purposes and flag any critical information that's missing.
You are tech savvy and have superlative organisation talents, which means you are not fazed by a high volume of contracts. In fact, you seek a role that provides an opportunity to learn more about the business and to take on more than traditional contract management responsibilities, with a strong voice in shaping our contract management systems and workflows. If so far this sounds exciting, and not daunting, this is the role you've been looking for.
• Tracking, administering and processing music licences and other music agreements, including composer and music supervisor agreements, from facilitating signature/countersignature to distribution and archiving, including requesting and coordinating payments.
• Overseeing and confirming legal deliverables with production teams for music deals and collaborating with the legal delivery teams to confirm and provide the same.
• Acting as internal - and external - point-of-contact for payment-related and licensing status questions.
• Acting as support for music supervisors, finance personnel, and other internal and external stakeholders who use our internal systems.
• Proactively review and analyse music agreements - and concisely articulate issues using business, legal, creative, production and financial context.
• Managing, maintaining, and updating various dashboards and document management and rights management trackers.
• Drafting, reviewing and issuing synchronisation licences.
• Assist in evaluating next generation technologies for contract administration and production finance tools to determine how and when to best incorporate them into the music workflow.
• Participating in other projects relating to Netflix's music needs.
• 5-10+ years of contract experience in the music department at a major production company, film/television studio or television network.
• Unparalleled organisational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
• Tech savvy, with proficiency in Gmail and Google Docs, and a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
• Clear, concise communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Skill in working collaboratively with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change, feedback and new ideas.
• Ability to pivot quickly and be resourceful, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed and tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Willingness and enthusiasm to travel to the U.S based on the needs of the business.
• A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw74zp-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.