It's an exciting time to work at Netflix!
Our legal team seeks a talented and experienced manager to join the Netflix Marketing Legal team, based in our Los Angeles, California office. This is an exciting opportunity to join the group of attorneys, contract managers and coordinators who are responsible for supporting the Brand and the Editorial & Publishing teams. The Netflix Brand Team builds our reputation as one of the world's great brand marketers and builds our brand reputation inside and out. The Editorial & Publishing team creates the flow of memes, podcasts, formatted series, articles, interviews, photo galleries, Tweets, Instagram posts, influencer posts, and TikTok hashtag challenges that are distributed on Netflix's numerous social media channels across multiple platforms (e.g.,YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, podcasts, and Queue (digital and printed) magazine). Sparking, amplifying and shaping conversations with the 8 billion inhabitants of the world is a lofty goal and 24/7 job, as the E&P team seeks to engage audiences wherever they may be and in whatever media or form where they may be found. In this challenging and fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will advise on rights and restrictions, provide production legal support, draft and negotiate contracts and conduct campaign activation and creative review.
The successful candidate will have:
• 5-8+ years of relevant experience as a lawyer, paralegal, contracts manager or equivalent. In-house experience at a technology or studio/entertainment company, advertising/creative agency or law firm is a plus.
• Substantial experience in negotiating, drafting and closing various marketing and content production related agreements (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, agency master services agreements, statements of work, talent/influencer agreements, production services agreements, and production-related agreements (e.g., appearance releases, location agreements, materials releases).
• Experience reviewing and providing guidance on marketing activations, promotions, contests/sweepstakes, talent and influencer agreements, creative review, rights analysis, credit and guild issues, intellectual property and clearance issues associated with marketing materials for all media, including digital and social media.
• Experience conducting legal review of creative materials and rough cuts, from copy for social media posts to video assets.
• The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to thoughtfully yet concisely communicate with legal and non-legal stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
• Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently.
• Excellent organizational and records management skills.
• Flexible team player amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
• Willingness to tackle new subjects outside one's area of expertise and take on special projects as the need arises.
• Passion for entertainment, social media, and emerging platforms.
Last but not least, the successful candidate must be excited about and thrive in our unique company culture.