Post Production Manager - Original Independent Film
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is building in-house Post Production Facilities and Services in order to support the ever growing volume of Original Content we are producing. The Studio is focussed on delivering the very best levels of service and creative experience to our filmmakers and creative executives. Our Post Production Facilities and Operations team is charged with the Operational Management of these services and spaces, and will be recruiting a team of talented and dedicated individuals to ensure success.
We are building Animation Studios in Burbank and Hollywood for our Original and Adult Animation production, and we are providing in-house facilities for Dialogue Recording, Dialogue Editing, Music Editing, and talent facing client concierge services. We are looking for an experienced executive with a comprehensive knowledge of Animation Sound Post Production, to build out a team of highly skilled creatives and technicians to collaborate closely with our in house Productions, ensuring an unparalleled creative experience for our filmmakers.
The candidate will define the requirements for the operational structure, service levels, and creative excellence of our Animation Sound Department, creating a focused and consistent model across both sites. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of engaging with content creators and post production management, as well as leading, socializing and helping to teach and implement transformational entertainment industry workflows.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the day to day technical, operational, and creative management of our Animation Studio Sound Facilities, on premises at Empire and Vine Studios.
• Build and develop a team of top creative talent in Dialogue Recording, Dialogue Editing, and Music Editing to collaborate and partner with our Animation Studio Filmmakers and creative teams.
• Define, refine and evolve the facility's creative and technical operations.
• Develop a culture of high performance, collaboration, and service.
• Partner closely with our Client Services and Post Facility Engineering teams to ensure an optimum client experience for the filmmakers and creative teams who are using our Sound Facilities.
• Provide workflow expertise, knowledge, and guidance to the filmmakers, content partners, and creative artists who are using our specialist rooms.
• Provide real world perspective, setting the context, parameters and business requirements for our partners in the Studio and Product Teams to provide Tier 2 & 3 level of support.
• Partner closely with our Engineering stakeholder teams to develop and evolve tools, platforms, and workflows that meet the challenges and demands of the business in future state.
• Ensure the Sound Facilities are fully optimized to meet current and future creative and technical requirements by partnering closely with our internal engineering teams.
• Track feedback and service improvement requests from our stakeholders and create virtuous cycles of service improvement through constant assessment and adjustment of best practices.
• 15+ years of experience in Animation Sound Post Production, at a Facility and/or Studio, with specialization in Dialogue Recording, Dialogue Editing and Music Editing
• Experience with and ability to respectfully, but authoritatively, engage with creative executives and content creators
• Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and ''sell'' new and complex technology, tools and workflows
• Deep knowledge of Animation content creation and post production workflows
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation and implementation
• Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
• Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills and locations
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality, positive orientation and outlook
• Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace