Netflix has a newly formed internal communications function to help teams communicate more effectively with each other and with employees at large. Today, as the company has grown to nearly 10,000 people, across every region of the globe, we're looking to hire a creative self-starter to help manage our communications for the Studio Operations organization.
Our Studio Operations org partners with the creative teams at Netflix, bringing hundreds of amazing TV shows and films to life each year, and constantly innovating on how entertainment is made. The organization is made up of a variety of teams across every region, including physical and virtual production, facilities management, dubbing, casting, music and more.
Key to this role is ensuring that:
• There is more proactive communication within the organization, including what the strategic priorities are and how employees' work fits into it;
• Teams communicate important updates with cross-functional partners in a consistent and organized way; and
• Leaders have the support they need in communicating with employees.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given this is an entirely new role and function;
• A willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (you must love writing and storytelling!);
• Experience creating compelling content and campaigns across a variety of channels and tools (including town halls, newsletters, video, etc.);
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work with a wide variety of internal partners;
• To be a trusted partner and adviser to disparate teams across multiple disciplines, including senior leaders;
• A passion for helping people and a curiosity about different cultures;
• The ability to challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally; and
• A dislike of hierarchy and bureaucracy but also an understanding that some structure - as well as the ability to plan - is needed to effect change.
Given this is a new role in a new function, we're open to people with different experiences: for example, from communications (internal or external), human resources or operations. However, you would need to have a minimum of 5-7 years work experience - and a background in film and TV production is a plus. This role is based out of Netflix's Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Internal Communications.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxv33-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.