Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney to join the business & legal affairs team for Netflix's Original Animation - Global Indie TV team, with a focus on the development and production of animated programs.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for
• Drafting and negotiating above-the-line agreements and other related development and production agreements for self-managed productions;
• Provide BALA support with other execs on the team for partner managed productions and licensed deals;
• Collaborate with internal business partners (e.g., creative and production), cross-functional partners (e.g., intellectual property, employment, labor, tax, marketing and consumer products), and other key partners (e.g., finance, contract administration, legal operations) on miscellaneous day-to-day issues that arise across the various shows.
• Help create and manage team workflows and information sharing systems (e.g., updating internal document management systems, follow-up with talent representatives and production on the status of unsigned documents,etc.)
• Work on special strategic projects to support the Global Indie TV team.
The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives and executethe kids and family content acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, attorneys, producers, and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Basic understanding of guild and union agreements and other production-related labor issues;
• The ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to stay calm under pressure;
• A high level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Demonstrates good judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (candor, honesty);
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross‐functionally, think pragmatically and be solution‐oriented;
• Adaptable negotiation style; and
• Passion for animation.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have at least 7+ years of experience in a legal and/or business affairs department in television and/or film production. Animation experience preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1n0e-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.