Los Gatos, CA
Manager, Corporate Strategy, Planning & Analysis (HR & Talent)
Netflix is the world's leading entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a Finance Manager to join our team to support our Talent and Human Resources organization. The Corporate Strategy, Planning & Analysis (SP&A) team at Netflix is responsible for company-wide financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. We derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company, and the Corporate SP&A team plays a key role in this area. Senior management heavily depends on the Corporate SP&A group to accurately track trends in performance and identify opportunities for improvement, and the outcome of our group's analyses plays a critical role in the important and strategic decision making for the company.
You will partner closely with HR leaders and will be responsible to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important decisions.
Successful candidates have a commitment toward action, have exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
You will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility and interaction with business partners as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a growing Finance organization. The position is based in our corporate headquarters in Los Gatos and reports into the Senior Manager of Corporate SP&A.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Completing cost / benefit analyses and communicate key drivers / inputs to support business decisions
• Build strong business partnerships with leaders of all levels and functions within Netflix's Human Resources and Talent groups.
• Drive financial planning processes related to headcount planning, expense forecasting, and long-range outlooks.
• Help business partners gain key insights into spend with meaningful analyses and trends.
• Build thoughtful resource allocation analyses to drive better investment decisions
• Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
• 6+ years of finance-related experience
• Strong track record of identifying key questions; defining, performing and coordinating analyses; and communicating findings in a clear and concise way
• Exceptional communication skills with ability to build relationships with people across all levels
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment.
• Self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in accounting concepts and financial planning
• Superior proficiency in Excel & financial modelling
• BA/BS in Business, Economics, or equivalent