Associate, Content Strategy and Analysis
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We offer great TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages that push the boundaries of storytelling and delight members of all ages and tastes around the world. As we grow our business and teams, we seek talent from a wide range of backgrounds that reflect the global nature of our members. It takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly global business.
The Netflix culture is unique and attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and intellectual curiosity. Read our culture memo to learn what it's like working for Netflix. To excel in this environment, you must be independently minded, have impeccable creative taste, and a strong instinct for stories that will get consumers talking about Netflix and our shows more passionately and frequently than ever before.
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix. The Asia region is a critical piece of our international expansion. People are discovering Netflix every day across Asia, and we want our content to be relevant and irresistible. Finding the perfect strategic and creative mix of entertainment, brand messaging and product experience is key to unlocking waves of new consumer for us in Asia.
The Integrated Marketing function at Netflix is responsible for bridging our Content and our Marketing within Asia and globally.
Working closely with the APAC Marcomm teams, this role will be responsible for understanding Content Strategy and leading Campaign Management. You will help vet, analyze and prioritize which series and films will grow our business in the APAC region, and you will also support the strategy and creative campaign development of our Global and APAC Originals.
You will be critical in leading cross-functional collaboration with our Regional partners such as Marketing, Editorial & Publishing, Publicity, Partner Marketing, Marketing Strategy & Operations Content Planning & Analysis, and Consumer Insights.
Who are you?
• You are a natural leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate the needs for the region.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and demonstrate strong judgment and solution-driven skills.
• You are passionate and curious and are open to receive candid feedback about your performance and see it as a way of growth.
• You love TV and film content and have some knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and demonstrate strong judgment and a solution-driven mindset. Multi-tasker, but with clear time management and prioritization skills.
• You are passionate, curious and open to candid feedback about your performance and seek any constructive real-time points as a great way to grow.
• A doer: an entrepreneurial and self-motivated collaborator in a fast paced and multifaceted environment who is capable of being impactful without the support of a large team of direct reports. This person is able to work both independently and in close collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders.
• A selfless, collaborative Marketing professional who will naturally go beyond roles and titles to get great work done.
In this role:
• Long-Term Planning - you will assess opportunities for APAC markets and identify the titles that would resonate in the markets through partnering with Content and Consumer Insights, and use data analysis and other available information sources.
• A natural team captain, you can lead cross-functional discussions, articulate Regional needs, and drive marketing campaign alignment.
• You will be responsible for providing the APAC regional perspective and needs during global campaign planning, collecting the local team's POV and channeling back to teammates on the ground in LA and in other offices.
• Campaign Development & Project Management - support the local campaign development workflow, mobilizing the local cross-functional teams to meet campaign goals and planning benchmarks.
• Marketing Strategy - you will partner with the local Marketing and Editorial & Publishing teams to define the strategies for the launch of Netflix Original series and films in Asia, as well as key local licensed titles.
• Communication Tools - you will build, maintain, and evolve key communication and strategy tools necessary for our cross functional teams to stay informed on title and campaign planning.
• You will be deeply embedded in local market and consumer insights as well as the local entertainment industry.
• At least 7 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (TV and/or film) or worked at a top innovative brand, advertising or media agency with an emphasis on Content Marketing.
• A strong sense of analytical, strategic, problem-solving, and organizational skills -- always biased to action with a high level of social EQ.
• A proactive, entrepreneurial state of mind, who works fast, collaboratively and effectively, with a highly-aligned and loosely coupled team.
• A mastery of verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills to lead meetings, manage workflow and provide cultural or region-specific insights.
• An ability to manage 20+ projects simultaneously and adapt in a dynamic environment.
• A working understanding of digital advertising (mobile, paid social, display, VOD) with a strong grasp of traditional (OOH, TV, press) and social media platforms.
• Experience working with Asia and other international markets.
• Fluency/proficiency in English required, and fluency/proficiency in Korean preferred.
• Proficiency in Google and MS Office, including: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Meet, Google Docs, Google Groups, MS Word/Excel is a plus.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.