Associate, Studio Strategy & Analysis
Los Angeles, CA
The Content Strategy Planning & Analysis team is looking for a Head of our Studio Strategy & Analysis team (SS&A). The SS&A team is responsible for strategic support of Netflix's Studio efforts through deal valuation, strategic planning, and competitive analysis. The Netflix Studio partners with our creative teams to oversee the execution of owned originals (both produced in-house or outsourced with a partner), and support the creative team's acquisition and delivery of third party licensed originals.
This role is part of the small group of leaders that run the Netflix Studio. Their main stakeholders are the Head of Studio Operations and their leaders (Production Management, Post Production, VFX, Production Facilities Management & Operations, Creative Services, Dubbing, etc).
This leader will have a high degree of visibility with our C-level executives and other senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the SS&A group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Los Angeles and report to the VP of Content Strategy, Planning & Analysis.
• Lead the analysis and valuation of new deals (long-term lease agreements, long-term capacity arrangements, acquisition opportunities, etc.) in partnership with the Studio Operations team to facilitate decision making and timely execution
• Lead the efforts to set the long-term strategic vision for the Netflix Studio
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Manage a fast growing team of Directors, Managers and Analysts on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• 15+ years of relevant experience in finance, operations and/or strategy roles in Media / Entertainment.
• The ideal candidate will have worked in roles that require a deep understanding of studio operations and/or the financial aspects of film/TV production
• Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be willing to ''roll up their sleeves'' and be motivated, disciplined, flexible and able to work effectively autonomously.
• Extensive experience leading and building teams.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation